Sometimes it doesn´t seam very easy to find some interesting and cheap ways of spending your free time. Everywhere you go, you need to pay for something – for coffee, shopping, tickets. Most of us want to know how to save money, but we don´t want to sit alone at home doing nothing around. So, I have decided to find a few tips how you can spend your free without putting a strain on your wallet.
1. Invite your friends – make cofee or tea for them, prepare some biscuits. I am sure that you have something to offer at home, so you don´t need to buy anything. The best thing about it is that there is a 90 per cent chance that your friends will invite you to their flats and you can spend another nice evening without losing money. For a nice talk with your friends you don´t need to sit in cafe´s. Just stay at home and have a great time.
2. Film evening, instead of visiting the cinema. You can invite your friends again, prepare popcorn and make an atmosphere as if you were in cinema. A big advantage is that you can watch movies that you like and don´t need to follow what´s new in the cinema. Your friends will surely appreciate the possibility to spend nice evening without paying for a ticket.
Another good choice could be visiting a movie club. If you live in a bigger city, you should have no problem finding one. It is not for free, but probably much cheaper than the cinema. And if you think that you have a more acquired taste in film, it is also a much better choice for you than visiting the cinema.
3. Take a walk – this is my favourite way of spending free time. You can be on the fresh air, with a friend or alone, have a nice sightseeing tour. You can discover your city and feel like a tourist in your hometown. I love walking. I am able to walk for hours and hours without thinking where I am going. When I really don´t want to spend any money, I leave my wallet at home and just take a bottle of water with me. There is nothing else I need during this time.
5. Cultural events – People from big cities are in a better position again, but also in small cities you can find free exhibitions or concerts. Follow the website of your city and maybe you will be surprised that there is much more happening than you expected. I do the same. Visiting photography exhibitions and museums is my other favorite way how to spend my free time.
If there is nothing for free, most of the galleries or museum aren´t so expensive, so from time to time you can visit them.
6. Shopping is in general a popular way of spending free time. But it is the most expensive as well. I have decided – no shopping anymore. I know that especially women want to always buy some new clothes. But we have a lot of them at home, we just need to use them! Ask your friend to help you make new outfits from clothes you don´t wear very often. It really helps, your friend has a different style of clothing, a different point of view. And you will have a nice time as well.
7. Develop your skills and hobbies. There is nothing more useful, funny and cheaper than to develop your photographic, musical, writing or other skills. If you already have an instrument, you just need patience, and determination to do it. You don´t need any teachers or videos and articles on the internet are for free. Try to do it every day for at least half an hour and you will see the results. You will have a nice time and again – it´s for free.:)
8. Jogging. There are a lot of opportunities what to do when you want to take care of your body. Gym, fitness, zumba and various new kinds of exercises. But we all know jogging and we all know that it´s for free. I believe that it´s very hard to go jogging when it´s winter, but it´s a challenge for sure. Sometimes if I have to decide between going out in the winter or staying at home, I choose the second option. But as I said, it´s a challenge.
Do you want to know how to spend your free time effectively? Click here